Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

I know 2 friends who have sons overseas, 1 in Afghanistan, 1 in Iraq.

We don't own a flag, and for the most part I don't feel so patriotic these days. But, the people fighting for our "freedom" certainly deserve more than they are getting from Washington.

I got to spend this day sitting at home enjoying my family and friends, and trying to figure out where stoves should go and such.

And it just makes me sad that those friends can't have that same kind of day...looking to do something positive with the ones they love. Instead, they spend sleepless nights worrying about if their kids will make it back alive.

The stress of opening a restaurant is nothing compared to wanting to have those you love back home. I have really nothing I should complain about.

So, I hope you all who have loved ones abroad will be back together with your family soon.

No comments: